Online Noise Awareness Training
The online Noise Awareness training course aims to ensure workers are sufficiently
able to assess any noise hazards and implement the correct measures to eliminate
reduce exposure to noise at work, whilst complying with the Control of Noise at
Work Regulations 2005.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Noise Awareness Course?
According to the Health & Safety Executive:
- Over one million employees in Great Britain are exposed to levels of noise that
put their hearing at risk.
- Around 75,000 in the UK suffer deafness, ringing in the ears or other ear conditions
caused by excessive noise at work.
The course is aimed at all levels of employees who may be exposed to noise in the
workplace. It is also suitable for any workers with the responsibility of carrying
out a noise risk assessment for their organisation. This course has been designed
by a specialist team led by a British Safety Council member with over 30 years’
experience as a health and safety professional.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised
certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide
evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Noise Awareness Training
- Identify the risks and hazards associated with noise at work and how noise is measured.
- Identify the steps in undertaking a noise risk assessment and the duties all workers
have to enforce the assessment.
- Implement measures to control and reduce the risk of exposure to noise.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s health and safety aims and objectives
through good working practice and the knowledge of existing legislation.
The Course contains the following sections:
Download Data Sheet (PDF) »
- Introduction to Noise Awareness - Why is noise awareness important? How noise
is measured. Effects of noise.
- The Legal Framework - The law. Employer responsibilities. Employee duties.
Benefits. Supply of equipment
- Assessing the Risk - What is a noise risk assessment. How to undertake a noise
risk assessment. The competent person.
- Controlling and Reducing Risk - Purchasing policy. Reducing noise at source.
Personal protective equipment. Information, instruction and training. Health surveillance.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Approximately 1 hour to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over
multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
Do You Comply With Control of Noise at Work Regulations?
All organisations have duties to protect their employees under the Control of Noise
at Work Regulations 2005
The Regulations impose duties on employers and on self-employed persons to protect
employees who may be exposed to risk from exposure to noise at work and other persons
who might be affected by that work.
It is a legal requirement for all workers who are exposed to noise at work to receive
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »
The Working at Height Course introduces the risks associated with working at height and how they can be assessed, giving workers the necessary skills to apply control measures and effectively use equipment to ensure safe working at height.
Learn More »