Online Fire Safety Training Course
This Fire Safety Training Course is designed to provide employers and employees
with adequate knowledge of the risks associated with workplace fires, going into
detail about the causes of fire, undertaking a risk assessment and how you can ensure
that appropriate fire safety precautions are in place.
Fire safety is incredibly important and failure to comply with government fire safety
regulations could potentially lead to prosecution, fines or legal claims. Training
in fire safety is therefore compulsory for all organisations.
The course has been developed by a British Safety Council member with over 30 years
professional experience in health and safety management.
- Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire
Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland)
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Fire Safety Course?
Under UK government legislation, all employees are required to take adequate fire safety
training, regardless of the industry they work in. This online Fire Safety Course
provides suitable training for all levels of employees, including managers, supervisors,
full-time and part-time staff.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees undergo fire safety training
when they first start work and that existing employees have their training refreshed
if any new fire risks are identified by the risk assessment.
Do You Comply With Fire Safety Regulations?
Duties are imposed on employers by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005,
the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern
These Regulations state that all employers, owners, landlords
or occupiers of business or non-domestic premises are known as the ‘responsible
person’ and are required, by law, to provide staff with information and training
on fire safety.
Regulation 21 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 specifically states
that 'the responsible person must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate
safety training (a) at the time when they are first employed; and (b) on their being
exposed to new or increased risks'.
The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) also
place duties on employers to ensure their employees are protected from risk and
receive suitable training on the appropriate precautions to be taken in order for
the employee to safeguard himself and other employees in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate
will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence
for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Fire Safety Training
This course is designed to ensure that your organisation fully meets fire safety training requirements by:
- Ensuring a clear understanding of employer and employee duties necessary to eliminate
or reduce the risks of fire in the workplace.
- Making all workers aware of the key steps of a fire risk assessment.
- Ensuring all workers are aware of the correct procedures to follow in the event
of a fire.
- Distinguishing between the different types of fire extinguishers, their use and
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes
an assessment at the end.
Download Data Sheet (PDF)
- Introduction to Fire Safety - why fire safety is important, law enforcement, the fire triangle, employer and employee duties.
- Fire Safety in Practice - understanding fire, how fires start, the fire triangle in practice, the need for fire risk assessments and the stages of a fire risk assessment.
- Fire Precautions 1 - fire detection and warning systems, fire escape routes, evacuation procedures and emergency lighting.
- Fire Precautions 2 - fire extinguishers, fire safety signs, preparing an emergency plan and instruction and training.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality graphics and a full audio voice over.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 1 hour to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »